Thursday, May 24, 2007

Chewy Junior v.s Donuts? Today's baking take-away

Have you guys ever tried the Chewy Junior Pastry from Tanjong Pagar?



Heh. It has this really unique feel towards it. It's veryyy smooth, it's actually a toasted marshmallow mixed with some sort of flour with edible toppings. I tried the apple one - it looked quite attractive and appealing to my eyes however they failed to impress!



I feel so strongly that the guys from Chewy Junior basically tried to re-conceptualize and steal Vinco Donuts' idea by making a similar product with a totally different texture. However, donuts still reign I guess. They're round and pack more punch when you munch over them as they leave your taste buds begging for more!

..Til then, I will keep you updated on crazy bakes and such. I will attempt my own recipes and share it with you soon.

Real soon!

1 comment:

Yvonne said...

thanx for the review! i was actually going to check out chewy junior! was it really bad?

have u tried out donut factory? i thought it was better than vinco! ^_^