Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Dim Sum Fans: Tau Sar Pau anyone?

Hi people!

Don't you guys have a fetish for pau?
Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

Well ok lah, personally I'ld admit that I have a secret fetish for pau - I like to eat them (Even though it is not really "Baked" - it's still a type of bread right? Or bun - and it's steamed! So I can lie to myself and feel healthier for the day!)

To all those who do not know what I'm talking about, don't worry - you can read about Dim Sum here - thanks to Wikipedia.

My mum just brought home some wonderful Tiong Bahru Pau (237 Outram Road). She got Char Siew(Pork), Da Pau(Big chicken bun with egg) and Tau Sar Pau(red bean).

Well I really like the Tau Sar Pau alot for some reason or another cause it's usually small and petite unlike the others, it has a really smooth texture - and the red bean when steamed hot and fresh makes my tongue running with saliva. It's like some concise short moment of a hysterical delirium or something. Hahah.

Here, check out the irresistible Tau Sar Pau from Tiong Bahru Pau & Snacks!

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

Well, that's about it today. I think I deserved to eat a little more today cause I trained really hard earlier at Punch Academy, heh.

More stories to come in the week. Drop by!

2 comments:

dancer's POV said...

hey!! yes i must agree with you that the paus are lovely!! =D

dOe said...

if you are a pau fan, you might want to try out the yuan yang pau (containing half lian rong, half tau sar and a salted egg to boot). they have it at tanjong rhu, and a few other pau places.
cheers!