Tuesday, May 22, 2007

OREO Cheesecakes! Yum!

Don't you guys just love to eat Oreo Cheesecakes?

Well, personally I really do. I had this cake as a birthday gift for a friend last year.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

Yep. It's so rich and tasty and I felt so good munching on it. It was a brief moment of indulgence as I cut and stole a slice or two from it. I then thought maybe I should go figure out how can I start baking oreo cheesecakes on my own perhaps, heh! So I decided to go hunt for some help..heh heh :D

Ok, this recipe was shared from my cousin and she has been baking for about 6 years. I am about to share it with you guys. I've tried it once, and I tell you you won't regret trying it out. It's irresistibly delicious!!

Now, without any further due - the recipe, revealed!

Sarah's Secret Homemade Oreo Cheesecake!

CRUST:

1 1/4 c. chocolate cookie crumbs
3-4 tbsp. butter, melted

FILLING:

1 1/2 c. whipping cream
3 (8 oz.) pkgs. cream cheese, softened
1 c. sugar
24 Oreo cookies

FROSTING:

4 oz. semi-sweet chocolate
1/2 tsp. vanilla
1/2 c. whipping cream

CRUST: Combine cookie crumbs and butter. Press into a 9" or 10" spring form pan. Place in freezer while preparing filling.

FILLING: Whip cream until stiff peaks form. Place in refrigerator. Whip cream cheese until smooth. Add sugar and blend. Coarsely chop 24 Oreo cookies and fold into cream cheese mixture. Fold in whipped cream. Turn filling in crust and spread evenly. Cover and refrigerate at least 4 hours. Loosen cheesecake by running knife around edges. Release sides of pan.

FROSTING: Melt chocolate over low heat, stirring constantly. Cool slightly. Whisk in whipping cream and vanilla. Glaze top and sides of cheese cake with frosting mixture. Place in refrigerator about 30 minutes or until hardened.

No comments: